Welcome to Discover Sailing Day 2015 with Southern Idaho Sailing Association!
We hope you are just as excited as we are to share the experience of the fine and fun sport of sailing in the beautiful lakes of southern Idaho.
Discover Sailing Day Schedule (times are approximate and dependent on weather)
9:00 Boat Rigging/Set Up Begins (Show up early if you need help, or want to help)
10:00 Registration & Boat Assignments
11:00 Commodore’s Welcome/Deer Flat Refuge Presentation
11:45 All boats on the water
12:30 Sailing and/or Shore Activities
3:00 Boats back to shore
4:00 Happy Hour/Questions & Answers
6:00 Potluck Dinner – All Participants Welcome
Here are a few pointers to help you get the most out of your Discover Sailing adventure:
- You are more than welcome to bring your own boat and ask for help with rigging and sailing if you need it. The experienced SISA sailors are very willing to help out newbie sailors.
- Dress in layers. It may be warm onshore, but the wind can get chilly out on the water (especially if it is a cloudy day). Idaho weather is always changing, so it’s good to be prepared.
- Whether the weather forecast calls for clouds or sun, be sure to apply broad-spectrum sunscreen before you leave the house. Or, wear UPF-rated clothing and bring a hat and sunglasses.
- Lifejackets should be available on each boat, but if you have your own, we encourage you to bring it with you, especially if you have a small child under the age of 8.
- Wear shoes that are appropriate for boating: they should be non-marking soles and able to get wet (a very slight chance, but still possible).
- Bring snacks and a beverage (non-glass container) to hold you over for a few hours on the water. Sailing will begin at 12, and we’ll be off the water between 3 and 4:00 in the afternoon.
- Be sure to LIKE SISA on Facebook, or follow @southernidahosailing on Instagram, or @SailingIdaho on Twitter!
- Bring your favorite photo-taking device to bring home a few memories of your day on the water. Post your photos to social media: Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with #SISA2015 #SISADiscoverSailing2015 #IdahoSailing
- Bring your own camping chairs if you would like to join us at the potluck dinner on Saturday night in the pavilion area. There will be plenty of food to share with everyone. We are happy to meet new faces and answer any questions you may have!
- Come prepared for a really great time!
Questions? Contact SISA Commodore Tom Rambow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover Sailing participants MUST RSVP prior to event to be placed on a boat to email@example.com